“I regard golf as an expensive way of playing marbles.” P.G. Wodehouse
Whether you like playing golf or not, you will agree that it is one of the most fascinating sports. It is also one of the oldest games of all time, and everything about it is just perfect. If you are a golf enthusiast, there are plenty of golf books available for you. From life-changing biographies to instructional help guides - there is always something aligned with your interests.
Why are books necessary?
They say that practice makes you perfect, and this is certainly true for reading as well. Reading any instructional book can be a great way to advance your golfing skills. Yes, practice is certainly more effective than reading, but the latter is more convenient. Also, you must know something about the game before you start playing, right? The best golf instruction books do not only tell you how to play the game. These books are a complete package that will give you several lessons to improve your overall game. The stories of real-life legends like Tiger Woods, Arnold Palmer, and Jack Niklaus can also help you learn a lot.
Top 3 Golf Instruction books of 2021:
We have listed below some of the best golf instruction books in 2021. These books are particularly beneficial for amateurs.
1. Better F*cking Golf: How I went from hacker to club champ without changing my swing or expensive lessons: Well, the reason why this book has made it to the top of the list is because of the realistic approach used by the author. There are many other books written by the greatest golfers of all time. However, those books are not helpful for amateurs at all. ''Better F*cking Golf'' is one of the most relatable books for beginners. Paul Nardozzi, the author of this book, changed his game dramatically from the hacker to one of the best at the club. He did this only by adjusting little things that are usually ignored by the golfers. Paul has addressed the real-life problems faced by the newbies. His approach is pretty much straightforward, and his focus is on consistency. According to him, the reason why golf players fail is that they try to replicate the swing of the professionals. So, if you are a newbie and you find mainstream books confusing, this is the best option! Another great thing about this book is the price. You can buy it from Amazon at an affordable rate.
2. Golf Tips – How to Improve Your Golf By Craig Barnard: Whether you are a beginner or a professional, who is playing for years, this book could be quite beneficial. It will help you to improve your overall game with easy tips. It will also help you to understand some of the most common misunderstandings and faults every golfer experience at some stage of their career. The best thing about this book is that it will tell you about almost every aspect of the game. From golf whittling techniques to the secrets of club selection – everything is covered. The reason for recommending this book is that its author is a reliable person and, the book is highly rated by the readers.
3. The Complete Golf Manual by Steve Newell: The third in our list of the top three best golf instruction books is this guide written by Steve Newell. It is a complete package, which covers almost every aspect of the game. The book is quite interesting, and if you are a golf enthusiast, you will just fall in the love with the write-up. Steve Newell dedicated an entire section to address the basic golf faults that can make a significant difference. This book will also guide you on how to cope up with pressure situations on the course and make the right decisions. You can purchase this highly informational book from Amazon at a small price.
Some other useful instructional books:
As stated previously, the market is full of numerous options for all golf lovers. We have already listed the top three let's look at some other options as well.
• Golf is Not a Game of Perfect by Dr. Bob Rotella: Now, this is quite different from the recommendations we have listed above. As the name suggests, this book focuses on the psychological aspect of the game. It will help you in developing a mindset and an attitude to deal with challenging situations. It is written by Dr. Bob Rotella, who is probably one of the most famous consultants in the United States. Nick Price, Tom Kite, Pat Bradley, and John Daly are among his most professional clients. The author has accumulated all of his experience in this book, and it will be quite beneficial for many golfers.
• The Big Miss: My Years Coaching Tiger Woods by Hank Haney: You can find hundreds of histories and journals written by famous golf players. However, you probably do not know that there are almost a similar number of books written by the coaches as well. The Big Miss: My Years Coaching Tiger Woods by Hank Haney is an example. This book has earned a good reputation among golfers, and for all the right reasons. Haney was the mentor of one of the greatest golfers of all time. Woods from 2004 to 2010, the time when our favorite player won six majors. Haney tells about his experience while mentoring Tiger Woods, and how they worked together on the swing and other aspects of Woods' game.
• The Little Red Book by Harvey Penick: This is yet another option that can be quite beneficial for golfers of all ages. Unlike other books, the Little Red Book is not written by a professional golf player, but it has helped many golfers. The book is written by Harvey Penick, who was a caddie when he was only eight years of age. Penick worked with some of the most exceptional golf players. He always had a notebook that was loaded with exercised he learned while being a caddie. This book is quite simple to understand with a basic tone. It can help you to improve swing and enhance your overall approach to the game.
• Greatest game ever played by Mark Frost: Mark Frost is the author and co-maker of the TV classic Twin Peaks. But it seems that this is not his only talent. Frost has earned a reputation among the golfers as well. The reason for this popularity is that he has composed a few exceptional books about golf. “Greatest game ever played’’ is one of his best works. It tells about the story of two men and the social barriers of the game they experienced. There was a Disney film made in 2005 that got even more popular. The book is beneficial for players of all levels.
• Unconscious Putting by Dave Stockton: Well, this is one of those books whose title is enough to convince the readers, don’t you think? Stockton believes in the uniqueness of every player. He thinks that every golfer has a signature stroke that should be explored. He believes that finding and mastering that unique signature shot is more important than worrying about the mechanics and other things. This book will be quite helpful to all the newbies who have just started playing golf. The writer kept things simple, which is why this book is especially recommended for beginners.
• Five lessons by Ben Hogan: This is yet another valuable addition to every golfer’s bookshelf. Yes, it was initially distributed back in 1957, and many of you would think that it is not beneficial for the modern game. However, the content of the book is still useful for golf players of all levels. It can help them improve their game significantly. It is written by Ben Hogan, who is probably the best golf player of all time. He won nine majors, including the Masters, the US Open, and the British Open as well. In this book, Hogan shares the wisdom he learned over his golf career. The book is quite simple and can be understood by anyone.
The fact is that golf has filled our culture in a way that probably no other sports have. The game is found in our TV shows, films, novels, and magazines. Yes, the reading habits have almost disappeared these days, that does not mean there is a lack of resources. By now, you must have got a profound idea about numerous resources available in the market to improve your golf skills. These are our recommendations that you should give a read in the year 2021. Whether you are a professional or just a beginner, reading any of these books will only benefit you in one way or another. You can start with the one listed at the top of our recommendations. "Better F*cking Golf'' would be the best option if you are looking for a realistic and easy-to-understand approach. We are pretty sure that you will feel a lot comfortable after reading these books.